Wednesday, August 1, 2012

8 weeks into internship


As my internship continues, I have started implementation of my initiatives – this past couple of weeks have been quite insightful into how to run effective meetings, get consensus, close feedback loops and tie loose ends. As I continue implementation of my initiatives my final presentation date too has been scheduled and it is in a couple of weeks – this is my moment to shine and get visibility to the senior leaders within my group. I feel great and at the same time, there is a huge adrenaline rush as I begin preparing for the final presentation, creating slides, doing dry-runs. My team mates have been quite supportive and I cannot believe that in less than 4 weeks, my internship would have ended!

On a separate note, the intern group is having a lot of fun – we have been doing several activities, both fun and educational but most importantly, a great way to get immersed in the company’s culture.  Yesterday, we organized a mini-Ross Googler lunch and it was great meeting some Ross alumni who are now working at Google – get to learn about their experiences and get tips on how to do really well in the internship.
On the personal front, evenings have been great – meeting up with friends, going to movies, planning trips – it has just been fantastic! Ross interns in the bay area also have been getting together quite often through events organized at people’s homes – a couple of weeks back we had a potluck at a friend’s place and it was great reconnecting with fellow Rossers who are working in different companies and connecting with interns from other schools. Thanks to all the folks who have hosted events at their places.

As my internship comes to an end, I feel happy to have created impact thus far and I am looking forward to starting school in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment