Sunday, August 5, 2012

So long and thanks for the fish tacos.

My last week was more hectic than I wanted it to be, with the final presentation just a couple of days before the end date which led to some serious late night, crunch time work. Less time to polish up my deliverables any further; I had to concentrate on documenting everything and wrap up my last initiatives on the job.

Some food for thought for future interns:
  • Use the time to figure out whether the work-life balance is right for you.
  • Start networking early.
  • Allow yourself time to understand the culture, the people and the project.
My internship is now finally over and I'll be going home in only a day from now. I'll be packing some Dell swag and a couple of small mementos, but mainly fond memories. If only I could pack a few fresh tacos, too! Austin was a great companion and will be missed. Not feeling too reflective at the moment, just looking forward to the trip back home.

So long and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment