Sunday, August 19, 2012

Going back to school with an offer

10 weeks of internship passed by really fast! There's no better way to end this summer than having a return offer in my pocket :) even thought it would be great if I haven't dropped and broke my laptop in the last week.

I have certainly learned a lot through my internship at Citi. Just 10 weeks ago, I was completely new to financial service industry, new to the company structure, and had no idea how corporate tax works. I picked up everything from scratch, made significant progress on my project, and was able to deliver my finds during the final presentation to Citi finance controller and other finance executives.

 Corporate tax is definitely not one of my expertise or the area that I would grow into, but this summer experience taught me how to adjust to new environment, absorb new information quickly, and effectively communicate with my peers and managers. No one would be able to accomplish anything in a big corporation by himself/herself. Knowing when and who to ask for help/information is essential.

The best thing about this summer is that my coworkers and I become very good friends. We established strong connections not just at work, but also on a personal level. I was recommending dress brands and shops to my manager, and exploring NYC restaurants and food trucks with coworkers.

Now is almost time to go back to school. I'm very excited to see everyone and find out how their summer went.

1 comment:

  1. Are you planning a trip to Nepal and looking for information? Here you are: mountainmarttreksA complete guide for your travel in Nepal

    Jiri to Everest Base camp trek l
    everest three pass trek l
    Annapurna base camp trek l
    Evererest base camp Trek l
    peak climbing in Nepal l
    Mustang trekking l
    Manaslu trekking l
    Langtang Trek l
    Annapurna circuit trek l
    Everest Gokyo lake Trek

    Mountain Mart Treks & Expedition Pvt. Ltd.
    Cell No.: 00977 98510 82484 (Dolakh)
    Phone No.:00 977 1 4700971 Fax: 00977-1-4701278
    Email : info@mountainmarttreks.com
    Email: mountainmarttreksnepal@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete