Monday, August 13, 2012

Last 2 weeks



My internship is coming to an end – only 2 more weeks left. I am wrapping up on the implementation of my initiatives, preparing for my final presentation and saying my good-byes.
Since my last post, I have made progress on the implementation of my initiatives, delivering tangible outcomes that will be useful for my team in the future. It has been fun and challenging at the same time – as they say, the devil is in the details! As I wrap up, I am making edits to my final presentation, rehearsing it with my manager and simultaneously, winding down my initiatives.
Last week, we hosted a lunch for bay area Ross interns at Google. It was an opportunity to connect other Rossers to Google and get the networking chain started. I believe Rossers enjoyed it and got a great chance to meet other Googler interns.
As I prepare to go to school, I wanted to highlight some of the learning I took away from this summer –
1.       The summer internship should not be viewed only as a tool to get a full-time offer – it should be viewed as a trial ground for us to understand ourselves – where we see our career going, what should be the ideal role for us for a long-term career.
2.       Delivering on the project is quite important and at the same time, it is also important to keep connected with peers who are interning in other companies to understand and remain connected to the Ross community
3.       Finally, as school is about to start, I think we should all take the perspectives that we have obtained seeing a company function and apply it to the classes we are all about to take – this will close the feedback loop and ensure that the learning we obtained during the summer gets consolidated

No comments:

Post a Comment