Sunday, August 5, 2012

Final Presentation

It is the second last week of my internship. And I just finished my summer final presentation. It is not used to judge whether we could get a return offer or not. It is just a way to showcase what we have done and what we have learned. Each interns has 15 minutes to do the presentation and followed by 5 minutes Q&A. Most interns only worked on 1 project, but I have worked on 3 short ones. So I presentation went a bit longer. Even though I didn’t have much time to practice my presentation, I still felt very confident when I was standing in front of the group. I guess the business school life and the consulting experience have really prepared me for thisJ. I also feel that it is very helpful if you could make the presentation funny and interesting. It will help the audience to concentrate to the presentation.
I did learn a lot from my summer experience.  I learnt that consulting is about details. Yes, you do need to solve the problem, but at the same time you should make everything as perfect as you can. Consulting is about building your brand and network. In a consulting firm, one is always looking for next project to work on.  You need to make yourself known to others. You need to build you reputations in the project you worked on.  There are always people willing to help you, but you are your own master.  Last but not least, consulting is about expertise. Almost every project you work on is either a new topic or even a new industry. To really solve clients’ problem, you will need to do extensive researches on the topic even before working on the project and continue improving you knowledge along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment